You can save using my code LEGALLYBLACKBEAUTY at Devinah Cosmetics (affiliate). Thank you for your support!
In May 2019, Devinah released two collections at the same time: Xploders and Galaxy Dust. I’ve already posted swatches of both on my Instagram, but felt it was time to give those swatches an upgrade.
Unfortunately, I left out a shadow in the Galaxy Dust swatches so I had to reswatch those. But the first set of swatches were so pretty, I could let them live out the rest of their lives in shame in my archives. So bonus pictures! I guess that’s not so unfortunate, right?
Note Tucana and Centaurus are two new additions to the Galaxy Dust family. You can see them swatched alongside a third shadow, Moonlit, which released with them in 2020 here.
Devinah’s Xploders are sparkly, shifty shadows comprised of micro-fine reflective pigments. The collection is inspired by Willy Wonka. Devinah recommends applying the Xploders over a tacky base or glitter primer to intensify the shifts. The swatches below are over a light layer of regular eye primer.
The Galaxy Dust collection consists of sparkly, shifting shadows inspired by the galaxies of the universe. These shadows are also comprised of micro-fine pigments. Unlike the rest of the Galaxy Dust shadows, Tucana and Centaurus can only be purchased individually for now. Devinah also recommends using a tacky base with the Galaxy Dust shadows to intensify the color shifts.
- Nerds: Light blue to light green
- Runts: Pink to gold
- Swudge: Blue to violet
- Pixy Stix: Pale pinky purple to gold
- Kazookles: Cool purple to fuchsia with a warm golden flip
- Marshmallow Pillows: Pink with purple undertones to cool blue
- Everlasting Gobstoppers: Spring green to light blue to lavender
- Asteria: Metallic with plum to cool green shifts
- Celesta: Metallic with green to gold shifts
- Cygnus: Metallic with copper to red to fuchsia shifts
- Magellanic: Metallic with copper to red violet to fuchsia shifts
- Messier: Metallic with purple to cool green to blue shifts
- Skyla: Metallic with violet to blue shifts
- Starfire: Metallic with warm orange to fuchsia to purple shifts
- Tucana: Metallic with pink to gold shift**
- Centaurus: Metallic with red to bronze to green shift**
Both the Xploders and Galaxy Dust collections offer beautiful shifty multichromes at only $8 a pop. I think that’s an amazing deal for such fun, sparkly shadows. The shadows all have those micro-fine sparkles that make them unique compared to some other multichrome or shifty formulas.
The Xploders shadows are very cute and fun. They are fairly light, so I find myself using them mostly as inner corner highlights. But they also make beautiful lid shades. I would recommend following Devinah’s advice and use them with a tacky base if you want to pop them on your lid. My current favorite is probably Everlasting Gobstoppers because I am having a purple-and-green moment right now. This sounds familiar…
The Galaxy Dust collection is incredibly reflective. The shadows are generally deeper than the Xploders, with the exception of Tucana. Cygnus and Magellanic are very close in color, which is probably why I forgot Magellanic the first time I tried to swatch these (well, actually second, since I swatched these for the first time back in 2019). Magellanic is slightly more purple than Cygnus.
Asteria and Messier are two of my favorite shadows in my Devinah collection. Not surprising considering how much I love greens, blues, and purples, right? Those two are also kind of similar; one main difference is that Asteria has a primarily green color and Messier has a primarily blue color. Both shift to a beautiful purple, which appears a touch warmer in Asteria.