It’s the most wonderful time of the year – Christmas in July! Sydney Grace’s annual Christmas in July sale has everything you need to put you in the holiday spirit, except for the spiked egg nog (no pun intended). Sales, makeup, good times with fellow beauty lovers, and more sales. What a joyous occasion!
For those who don’t know, Sydney Grace will have a different daily special every day this week, beginning today. Sydney Grace is releasing two palettes during this year’s sale. The neutral option, the California Coast palette, comes in both a light and a deep version, while the Mountain Trail palette is a palette version of a popular colorful bundle of the same name. California Coast releases today for $36 (and hopefully isn’t sold out by the time this goes live!) or as a gift with purchase if you spend $70 or more today. Mountain Trail will be released on Wednesday, July 27th with the same deal.
This post is all about those two palettes, but the sale will be going all week long! The deals for the week are summarized below, but check out Sydney Grace’s website and Instagram page for more details:
- Monday, July 25 – California Coast releases for purchase or as a gift with purchase if you spend $70+.
- Tuesday, July 26 – Mystery bags release for purchase or as a gift with purchase if you spend $75+.
- Wednesday, July 27 – Mountain Trail releases for purchase or as a gift with purchase if you spend $70+.
- Thursday, July 28 – If you spend $40+, you’ll receive $20 worth of gifts with purchase. If you spend $65+, the value goes up to $50. If you spend $100, you’ll receive $115 worth of gifts.
- Friday, July 29 – It’s a surprise!
- Saturday, July 30 – Palettes, highlighters, blushes, and creams will be 30% off.
- Sunday, July 31 – For every $50 spent before shipping and taxes, you will receive $25 in store credit to be used after the sale.
- Monday, August 1 – All single shadows will be 25% off.
As always, Sydney Grace’s eyeshadows performed wonderfully. The mattes are blendable and easy to work with. The shimmers provide a nice metallic sheen, which is sometimes more on the subtle side.
Both California Coast palettes felt cohesive and like no shadow was wasted, which is definitely a huge advantage of having light and deep options. I personally would not buy the California Coast (Light) palette for the three extra shadows as they didn’t flatter my skin tone, although I do like the light version of Half Moon Bay to brighten up my look. The light version of Laguna is a nice blending color for me, but again I would not buy the entire palette for it if the darker tones suit you more.
The Mountain Trail palette performed consistently with the bundle I have previously used (and swatched — check out #lbbsydneygrace on Instagram if you want to see). As much as I love buying singles, I hate organizing them and finding exactly what I’m looking for. So I appreciate that Mountain Trail now comes in a palette. Honestly, I’ll get plenty of use out of both the palette and single versions, but probably slightly more from the palette due to how convenient it is to use. If you like making custom palettes, picking up similar singles will probably make more sense for you — and don’t forget to do so on August 1st for 25% off! Or anytime during the Christmas in July sale, because these deals are too tempting!